Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 3

Breakfast: Naked Juice Green Machine (4 oz)

Snack: 2 Eggs scrambled with 1.5 oz turkey in a pan lightly coated with garlic infused olive oil.

Lunch: 5 oz spicy shredded beef over chopped dark-leaf lettuce with spicy red salsa.

Snack: Larabar

Dinner: Grilled chicken marinated in basil, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper & garlic, over 2 cups broccoli which had been sauteed in olive oil and toasted garlic.

Dessert: Dried mango and pear chips.

Workout: Run 1 mile (in 105 degree heat, I might add!), 3 rounds for time of 15 wall balls (12#) and 15 Pullups.

Tonight's dinner was my biggest temptation so far and possibly one of the biggest I will face during this challenge. It was my dad's birthday and my mom made one of my favorite meals, grilled chicken (as above) over spinach fettuccini with a cheesy, bell pepper cream sauce on top, served with sister scheubert's yeast rolls (with lots of butter), & salad with dressing. I tried to make my dinner at least resemble everyone else's so I made a bed of broccoli in place of the green spinach and ate the marinated chicken. I also passed up scratch chocolate cake and ice cream. It can only be uphill from here... I hope. I am also having a hard week in other areas of my life, starting a new job and dealing with money, friends, etc, and I do feel like if I stick to the challenge for the next few days it'll be a breeze when the other things in my life start letting up a little.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to make sure that you're still on track...I can't wait to read about this weekend's concoctions! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete